The HistoPad is a digital tablet (with headphones) to explore the chateau as it was in the 16th century. Discover nine rooms integrally reconstituted in 3D and virtual reality.
- Interactive maps to help visitors to orient themselves and plan out their itineraries.
- A visitor’s guide of the château’s 24 rooms designed to enhance discovery of their history and collections.
- Over one hour of audio commentaries on the history and architecture of the château.
- A treasure hunt for children.
Translated into 12 languages: F, GB, D, E, I, NL, R, J, CN, P, PL, KR.
Length: about 1h1/2 (or more!).
6.50€ (in addition to admission fee to the chateau).
Special rates for tourism professionals, please contact the booking department email@example.com – tel. +33 (0)2 54 50 50 40.
Groups are advised to book.
The revised and expanded Histopad 2020 includes :
Discover the castle’s chapel during its construction (1545), then in 1941 when it housed masterpieces from the National Museums. Did you know that Chambord served as a refuge for thousands of works of art, including the Mona Lisa, during the Second World War?
– A new area for enhanced visits: the French garden;
– An update of the augmented visit rooms to take into account the movement of works of art in the castle and the new decorations of the travelling court created by Jacques Garcia;
– A “graphic facelift” of the old immersive views.