The Château of Chambord is happy to welcome you back as of tomorrow: Friday 5 June at 9 A.M. It will be open every day from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. (last admission at 5:30 P.M.). The French gardens may be visited from 9 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Entrance prices remain unchanged.
Conditions of visit :
– The castle is open 7 days a week at the usual hours (9am – 6pm). Both ticket offices in the reception hall and in the castle are open.
– The purchase of tickets online is recommended and specific access is reserved for holders of tickets purchased online.
– A one-way tour route is signposted on the double spiral staircase (one flight up, the other down), on the different levels of the castle and on the terraces.
– Renting the HistoPad is preferred, as well as the puzzle book of Cassandra the Salamander (for 7-12 year olds; new version!). The Histopad tablets are currently without strap (cord). They are disinfected after each use. A single-use paper visit notice is available on site or here for download.
– Guided tours with gauge limited to 25 persons.
– Outside guides with a professional card are accepted and under the condition that they wear a mask.
– Wheelchairs or strollers can be lent (ask at the reception desk). They are systematically disinfected after use.
– Due to the Vigipirate plan, we thank our visitors in advance for their understanding of the slowdown induced by the security controls at the entrances.
– Daily presence of gendarmes inside the monument. The gendarmes will have the possibility of issuing tickets to those who violate the health regulations in force and to intervene in the event of incivilities or conflicts.
– Presence of several agents inside the monument to regulate the flow of visitors in the tour circuit.
– Possibility of temporarily opening or closing areas of the castle in order to facilitate the movement of visitors.
– Broadcasting of a message (in French and English) reminding visitors of the distancing measures and the mandatory wearing of masks.
In accordance with the VIDOC 19 prevention system, all measures are taken to ensure the comfort and safety of visitors and staff. These measures include :
– Queues managed by a marking on the ground
– Respect of a safety distance of at least one meter between people.
– Wearing of the mask is compulsory (from 11 years old) within the castle (in application of the decree n°2020-548 of May 11th, 2020). (Masks on sale at cost price at the ticket office in the reception hall (near the parking lots) or at the castle (price 0.95 € per – unit)).
– Hydro-alcoholic gel terminals available to visitors at the entrance and throughout the visit circuit
– Disinfection of HistoPads, wheelchairs and strollers after each user.
– Regular disinfection of reception areas, ticketing and food service areas.
Bulky luggage, scooters, tripods, metal-framed backpacks and all sharp objects are not accepted in the castle.
Payment by credit card to be preferred
For our staff, wearing a mask and/or visor and ensuring that our agents respect the health instructions.
The basic measures recalled by the Ministry of Solidarities and Health are :
– Wash your hands very regularly with soap and water or a hydroalcoholic solution.
– Cough or sneeze into your elbow
– Greeting without shaking hands, avoiding hugs and kisses
– Maintain a courtesy distance with staff and visitors alike
– Use disposable tissues
– Wear a mask
Our reservation teams remain at your disposal 7d/7 to address all your interrogations.
Tel. +33 (0)188.8.131.52.10 – firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!