In accordance with government regulations, as of 21 July 2021, the presentation of a health pass is compulsory for visits to the château and the French gardens, access to the estate’s shops and the performance of the horse and bird of prey show.
This applies to people aged 12 and over.
The health pass will be requested upon arrival at the main checkpoint, located at the exit of the car parks, in front of the Welcome Hall. Secondary checkpoints are located at the entrance to the castle, under the royal porch and in the Écuries du Maréchal de Saxe before the horse show.
The health pass can be presented in paper format with a QR Code, in PDF format or with the “TousAntiCovid” application.
Access to the castle, the French gardens and the equestrian show will therefore be possible on condition that one of the following documents is presented:
– Proof of vaccination, provided that people have a complete vaccination schedule (seven days after the second dose).
– Proof of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test less than 48 hours old.
– The result of an RT-PCR or antigenic test attesting to the recovery of Covid-19 dating back at least 11 days and less than six months
Please note: self-tests are not accepted for the health pass.
For more information on the health pass: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire
Security measures “VIGIPIRATE
Due to the vigipirate plan, we thank our visitors in advance for their understanding of the slowdown caused by the security controls at the entrances.
Conditions of visit (INSTRUCTIONS VALID UNTIL JUNE 29)
- The castle is open 7 days a week at the usual times (9am – 6pm). The two ticket offices in the reception hall and the castle are open.
- In accordance with the health protocol of reopening transmitted by the Ministry of Culture, the gauge in the monument is 1 visitor for 4m2 at a time T
- Online ticket purchases are recommended.
- The rental of the HistoPad is preferred The Histopad tablets are currently without lanyards. They are disinfected after each use. A single-use paper tour guide is available on site or here for download.
- Histopads are now only given out once, no same day returns possible.
- Guided tours of castle are limited to 20 people.
- Outside guides with a professional card are accepted and under the condition that they wear a mask.
- Wheelchairs or strollers can be lent (ask at the reception). They are systematically disinfected after use.
- Due to the Vigipirate plan, we thank our visitors in advance for their understanding of the slowdown caused by the security controls at the entrances.
- The presence of several agents inside the monument to regulate the flow of visitors in the tour circuit.
- Possibility of temporarily opening or closing areas of the castle in order to facilitate the flow of visitors.
- Horse and bird of prey show: capacity reduced to 350 people
In accordance with the COVID 19 prevention plan, all measures are taken to ensure the comfort and safety of visitors and staff. These include
Queues managed by floor markings
- Respect for a minimum safety distance of one meter between people
- Mandatory wearing of masks (from 11 years old) in the castle (in application of the decree n°2020-548 of May 11, 2020).
- Hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers available to visitors at the entrance and throughout the tour
- Disinfection of HistoPads, wheelchairs and strollers after each user.
- Regular disinfection of the reception areas, ticket office and catering point
- Bulky luggage, scooters, tripods, backpacks with metal frames… as well as all sharp objects are not accepted in the castle
Payment by credit card is preferred
For our staff, wear a mask and/or visor and make sure our agents respect the sanitary rules
The basic measures recalled by the Ministry of Solidarity and Health are :
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or with a hydroalcoholic solution
- cough or sneeze into your elbow
- greet without shaking hands, avoid hugging
- respect a courtesy distance with staff and visitors
- use single-use tissues
- wear a mask